Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Saying Goodbye

The final goodbyes have begun.  

In my practice I see patients back at different intervals based on the acuity of their illness and in some cases the acuity of their mental state.  Some I choose to bring back because their illness requires it and some come back whether they or I need it.  I have patients that come back yearly for the followup ultrasound of their thyroid, some that come back every six months and so on down the time line.  

I have began to tell my patients this past week that I was leaving and every  day I have crying.

I have been practicing for 6 1/2 years in Tyler and I always find it hard believe that I have truly helped that much.  I always feel that I am doing my best but never feel that I have done enough.  I find now as I tell those who come to see me that they have put their lives in my hands and they feel that it was I who changed their lives.  

As I think about these patients and their encouraging words I begin to think about the work God has called me to in Rwanda.  I go into this not fully sure how God is going to use me but I know that His plan is amazing and involves the saving of a people and I pray that just like my practice I have the chance some day to be able to look back and see how God has used me and to see how he has blessed others by His hand on me.  I only pray that God will let me be even a small part of his plan.