Thursday, December 6, 2007

I find it amazing how anxious God is to hear us and waiting to act on our behalf, sometimes even when our mouths are tightly shut and only our hearts cry out.

Today at work I saw a "regular patient" of mine who I have only seldom discussed issues of faith but today for some reason she happend to tell me the story of how she sold her house. Sounds like a basic hit the highlight conversation but in this situation she proceeded to give me a testimonial about how she has been struggling with having it on the market since the housing market has been so bad. She was feeling selfish to pray for herself and to be so bold as to ask God for the exact asking price. She has always found joy in praying for others but on this day she felt God told her that he had been faithful to her prayers for others but now he wanted to hear the prayers of her heart. She immediately gave up prayers for herself and found God anxious to answer.

There are many verses in the bible that speak to how we should pray and why we should pray but Hebrews 4:16 is one that has spoken to me today.

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

He truly does ache to hear our prayers and he is anxious to move on our behalf.

Take delight in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4.

I have been so afraid lately to seek him for myself that I have not given him the chance to be the God he promises to be.


O Lord forgive me for lacking the boldness to ask you, the creator of the sun, moon and stars for the desires of my heart.