Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Prayer of Thanks

I often find it hard to share the things of my heart with others. I was not raised this way. "Better to hold it in and just do your job". This was something I have heard in the past. My father did not teach me to share emotion and this certainly made for an interesting relationship with my wife after we were married. Our dating relationship was pretty good because I had not yet learned what Agape love meant. I was young and was still stuck in the world of selfish love. I had trouble expressing not only love but verbal encouragement. The point of this is to say that when my blog was private and no one new about it, I could write freely. When Kristin said she was going to share my blog address I was afraid because my blog stopped being a journal and became an open book.

After a couple of days of sharing with "the world" my thoughts and fears, I give praise to God for the people in my life because instead of ridicule and criticism I have had a wonderful outpouring of support and love. I know why God asks us to place our burdens on Him. It is so that he can make our hearts lighter. I have felt just that through the prayers and the subsequent emails of such great people over the last week. I have lifted you up in prayer to the Lord and asked Him to continue to bless each one of you. It is so comforting to know that when you tell people you love about something so great, they take you seriously. I can certainly say I have witnessed Agape love through your prayers.

I ask you to continue to remember Kristin in your prayers. As many know, last week both boys were sicker than we can ever remember. In the past we have had children in the hospital but I can say that I have never been more worried about them than last week. I even had our pediatrician come to our house at night, after he had seen them earlier that day. I told Kristin that my doctor radar was going off. Bad sign. I was asked by God to trust this man and I did. They have recovered quite well but it literally took a solid week of fever. Now, Madelyn is sick and has the same fever and cough. It has been over 2 weeks and we still have very sick kids in our house. Please pray for protection from illness for Grace and patience for Kristin. Praise the Lord for going to work every day, Ha, just kidding.

Lord, I pray for those who have lifted me and my family up to you. I have felt your presence this week and I know it is at the request of these great servants. I ask that you will give your Holy Spirit to each of them and use Him to continually weave each of them into your plan of salvation for all men.
Praise the Lord Jesus, Make it so Lord. Amen.