Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Enemy and The Fiery Chariots

Over the last two weeks my house has been in a state of disarray and both Kristin and I have been brought to the limits of our human strength.

Two weeks ago, Samuel and Aaron came down with fever simultaneously and became progressively worse. Samuel had a fever for over a week. Neither of them slept, they tormented each other. Once they were asleep, one would cough and wake the other one up and then they would both begin to cry and cough and then the vomiting would begin. We did not sleep for a week. It tuned out they both had Mono. When it was nearly over Madelyn came down with a fever within 2 days. She followed the same pattern of fever that lasted a week. She too had Mono. One added little bonus was she began to have swelling of her joints and a rash located over her joints. I was confident that she had Juvenile Arthritis. Just what we needed. Of course it is the month of Christmas and the expectations of family and other aquaintances are mounting. Lets just say, the voice of God became muffled as the shrieking of the enemy became louder and louder. I can also say that many other attacks on our health, spirit and minds have been launched in an attempt to separate us from communion with God.

Kristin and I set the month of December to continually pray and set aside time to fast so that we could discern the will of God for our family.

Now, again I am no theologian, but it is my understanding that Satan is not omnipresent since he "roams to and fro throughout the earth" Job 1:7. He is not omniscient: The presumption here is that he is an angel and in 1Peter 1:11-12 says that angels do not know everything. In spite of all this evidence that Satan does not know what God has planned and supposedly every thought in our heads, he seems to have impeccable timing in his appearance in our lives. Just as Kristin and I have desired to focus our attention on God and his plan, the enemy attacks us harder than I have felt in many years. By the end of this second week of December, Kristin and I have begun to fail in our attempts to pray together about our future. We have separately found ourselves becoming more fearful of any sudden changes in our lives.

I have searched for God today. Psalms 9:10 says "Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you", and Proverbs 8:17 says "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. I have called out the name of Jesus against the demon of sickness, anger, sarcasm, greed, selfishness and pride. He has delivered me from evil. He has bestowed his amazing grace upon me and as he promises to do. He cleanses me. We have submitted our selves to God and against this the enemy cannot stand. James 4:7-8 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

I pray and ask all who read this, to pray for his spirit of discernment and his spirit of peace and the fruit of self control in my household. Pray that legions of angels would be surrounding our house just as they were present when Elisha opened the eyes of his servant. When I lift up my eyes to God and say, just as Elisha's servant, "Oh no, what shall we do", I pray that I will receive the same vision as that in 2Kings 6.

"Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?" the servant asked.

16 "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."

17 And Elisha prayed, "Open his eyes, LORD, so that he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Yes, I do believe in fiery chariots.

God, I ask in the name of your holy son, Jesus, that you will bind and cast out of my home and heart the enemy that is Satan and his army of demons. I bind them in His name, the only name that saves. Praise be the name of the Lord. Make it so Lord.